The Power of Gratitude to Shift Possibilities
Do you get locked up or feel stuck in areas of your life that you say matter to you?
For me, I most often get stuck in areas of relationship and creativity. Both of those areas call me beyond myself, and tell me I need to be more than I currently know or feel is possible in order to create the results I desire.
It can be challenging because settling for status quo seems way easier than entering the unknown or fear.
Yet as Soren Kierkegaard says: "The cave we fear to enter lies the treasure that we seek."
Part 4 of this 4 part Podcast on Transformation speaks more to this reality.
I have been experiencing the power of gratitude to be a huge resource in these moments that I feel stuck or afraid to enter the unknown.
It seems so simple, but yet so powerful.
When I am stuck, I become overwhelmed with thoughts of what I do not have. Things like:
- I am not smart enough.
- I am not experienced enough.
- I am not talented enough.
- I don’t have enough time.
- I don’t have enough clients that would be interested.
- I don’t have the resources I need.
On and on the “not enough’s” seem to flow.
Yet if in that moment I can shift my thinking to what I do have or to gratitude, like:
- I am grateful for what I currently know
- I am grateful for a community that will help me when I don’t know how to do something.
- I am grateful for how far my talent has taken me thus far.
- I am grateful for the time I have available.
- I am grateful for how my clients have believed in me thus far.
- I am grateful for how easily available resources are in this day and age.
All of a sudden my thinking shifts and new possibilities open up. I shift from being stuck to being empowered to take the next step.
I resonate with Oprah Winfrey when she says,
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
Where do you feel stuck today? What can you be grateful for?